Responsible Gambling Policy
The purpose of MobileCasinoParty is to provide information regarding online gambling. This website does not represent any online casino games on its own. Nevertheless, despite not being an online casino, we do feel the need to promote responsible gaming.
We want our visitors to have fun gambling, which is only possible if done responsibly. In the next part, we’re going to discuss all the factors that come into play when responsible gambling is concerned.
MobileCasinoParty – Compliance with the Law
MobileCasinoParty is only intended for mature audiences from jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Our website is not meant for minors, as well as for everyone located in a place where internet gaming is prohibited.
Before deciding to gamble on the internet, you need to check the gambling laws of your country/state/province. If the laws of the jurisdiction in which you’re located prohibit online gambling, you need to refrain from using this website, as well as all the other third-party websites to which MobileCasinoParty may refer.
Ensuring absolute compliance with the law is the goal of MobileCasinoParty. In addition, our team is also dedicated to helping the visitors gamble responsibly.
What Does Responsible Gambling Mean?
Online gambling is all about fun. When the fun stops, it’s time to stop gambling. Unfortunately, not everyone gets to realize this before it’s too late. One of the telltale signs that you need a break from gambling is that you’ve recorded a big financial loss due to this practice.
If you’ve lost a lot of money gambling, the solution is not to try to recover it. Instead, the right thing to do is to slow down. This is the road to responsible gambling.
How to Gamble Responsibly?
Although there isn’t a clear definition of what constitutes responsible gambling, there are some things you need to remember in order to stay on the right track. Here are some of those:
- Having fun should be your primary motivation when gambling.
- Gambling is not a business and you can’t rely on it to make your living.
- Do not wager more money than what you can afford to lose.
- Set up gambling limits and stick to them!
- Never try to rebound from your losses by wagering more money.
Responsible gambling also implies focusing on reason. Gambling games are based on nothing but pure chance, meaning that there’s nothing in your power to change your luck. Gambling horoscopes, fortune-telling sites, and similar will not do you any good. They’re not based on reason, but superstition.
The Financial Implications of Gambling
The gambling tax can chip off a significant portion of your winnings, which is why you have every right to want to learn more about it. There isn’t a unique answer to this question, as everything depends on your country of residence.
If you live in the United States, you will have to pay a 25% tax on your gambling income. In the eyes of the law, gambling income refers to all winnings made through casino gambling, sports betting, horse racing betting, lottery, bingo, and game shows.
US government also wants its residents to report gambling winnings and losses. To learn how and why should you do this, it’s best if you checked out the official IRS guidelines on Gambling Income and Losses.
For those who live in Canada, things are a bit less complicated. There’s no need to pay taxes on gambling income. However, there is a caveat – if you earn interest on your gambling winnings, you are going to be taxed.
How to Stop Gambling?
Gambling responsibly means that you can stop when you feel it’s necessary. This may sound easy, but for some gamblers, quitting this hobby can be a real challenge.
If you think it’s time to give up on gambling, or at least curb it down, here are some safeguarding measures that can help you:
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Limit – Set up a deposit limit, so that you don’t wager more money than you can afford. This way, you also train your gambling discipline.
- Take a Break – If gambling has become a habit for you, it would be wise to take a short break from this activity. If you’re gambling on a daily basis, why not take a week off and see how it goes?
- Keep Track of Your Losses – The best way to lose your passion for gambling is to take a look at your gambling budget. Most players end up with a negative balance; they just don’t realize it. Realizing that you’re hemorrhaging money can discourage you from excessive gambling.
- Go Cold Turkey – Extreme times require extreme measures. Sometimes, the best way to deal you’re your gambling problem is to stop gambling.
Saying farewell to gambling can be difficult, especially if this hobby still brings you some joy. Even if you decide to go cold turkey, you may still experience gambling cravings. Instead of getting back to the things they were before, there are some self-help strategies you can use to stay on the right road.
Self-Help Strategies for Dealing with Gambling Addiction
Gambling addiction is an issue recognized by the American Association of Psychiatry. The association has several recommendations for dealing with this problem. Here are some of those:
- Reach Out for Support – It’s not easy to deal with any sort of addiction on your own. Reach out to a friend or a family member. Alternatively, you can go to a Gamblers Anonymous meeting.
- Find Other Hobbies – One of the reasons why people can’t say farewell to gambling is that this activity has become a regular part of their lives. The solution to this problem might lie in finding a healthy alternative to gambling, e.g. sports, crafts, arts, etc.
- Learn About the Consequences – You might not even be aware that you’re heading a dangerous path. Reading testimonials of problem gamers and learning all the unpleasant facts can make you change your mind.
Dealing with gambling addiction is not that hard if you understand you got a problem. Unfortunately, most problem gamblers don’t realize it straight away.
Gambling Addiction Signs
Whether it’s you or someone close to you, gambling addiction might be there, only well hidden below the surface. This problem is easy to hide. Luckily, there are some proven methods to spot a gambling addict.
A good method of testing whether there’s a gambling problem lurking underneath is to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you use gambling as a way to forget about problems in your life?
- Does gambling take you away from your friends and family?
- Do you gamble with the intention of solving a financial problem?
- Do you lie about your gambling winnings?
- Have you ever borrowed money to gamble?
These are just some of the questions you need to ask yourself. For more questions like these, you may want to check out the sites of gambling addiction help services. Their job is to help you figure out whether you actually have a problem, as well as help you deal with it.
Gambling Addiction Help Services
MobileCasinoParty is giving its best to help the visitors keep gambling addiction away. We are proponents of responsible gambling, but our site might not be able to help you on its own. You might need the help of gambling addiction help services such as the following:
- NHS Problem Gambling Help
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Gambling Therapy
- National Council on Problem Gambling
For more websites like these, feel free to ask us for suggestions via the Contact Us page.
Legal Gambling Age
If you’re using the same device to gamble online as other members of your household, make sure that minors don’t have access to your online casino accounts. There are several ways to keep them away from online gambling sites, including the use of third-party applications that restrict internet access. Some of those applications include
MobileCasinoParty believes that any form of gambling should not be available to minors. In order to gamble for real money, you need to be of legal gambling age. The exact age differs from one jurisdiction to another.
In most cases, the legal gambling age for Americans is 21, although some states have set the minimum age at 18. You can find detailed information on gambling laws in each US state at MobileCasinoParty.